National Talent Finder Published: June 24, 2014
Altamonte Springs, FL
The Business Intelligence Programmer/Analyst (BI Analyst) has the responsibility for all tasks involving extracting data from a system of record, performing all associated transformations to the extracted data, and making the data available for loading to the reporting environment.
This effort includes obtaining all the data necessary to satisfy the business requirements identified by the End Users and the Business Requirements Analysts. The extraction process may use an extraction software product (e.g., Oracle Data Integrator or Informatics products) or may be manually developed.
The goal of the extraction process is to make the data available to the subsequent database loading processes.
As a part of ongoing maintenance, the BI Analyst must enhance the extractions to address:
• Inclusion of new production sources of data
• Changes to existing production sources
• Changes in the business rules for acquiring data from production sources
• The BI Analyst must communicate frequently with those responsible for supporting production systems to be prepared for upcoming changes to the data sources of the reporting environment, as well as with End Users to identify when data is required in the reporting environment or when changes to business rules occur.
The BI Analyst is responsible for developing solutions that facilitate easy and consistent End User access to the reporting environment data. Responsibilities include:
• Work in concert with the Business Requirements Analyst to identify and validate data required from various source systems
• Map the source data to the target data structures designed for the data warehouse
• Identify and implement any transformations or conversions required to maximize consistency and usability of the data
• Work in concert with the Meta Data Architect to ensure synchronization of efforts related to meta data capture and creation
• Identify and synchronize required data movement approach
• Identify, define and establish technical environment requirements (e.g., access to hardware, scripting requirements, file access approvals)
• Develop data extractions and data extraction processes
• Test all data extractions and test all data extract processes
• Install and schedule production data extraction processes
• Identify data quality issues to Project Team
• Define consistent business rules for specific data
• Enhance data extraction processes as required
Minimum Bachelor degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, similar major, or equivalent business experience.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to email@example.com
Keywords: business intelligence, bi, erp, it, programmer, analyst, build, builder, architect,